Flock is a printing technique where the design is cut from a colored foil and then pressed onto the shirt under high heat. Flock printing features:
A flock print has a velvety, fuzzy surface. The foil (0.5 mm) is somewhat thicker than flex, which causes the design to appear slightly elevated from the apparel and results in the plush feel. The colors have a soft glow to them.
Longevity and durability
Flock designs retain their vibrant color after many washes.
How do I get the best results with flock?
- With text - the vibrant colors and somewhat thicker material raises the text from the apparel.
- With small, medium and delicate designs (click here for an example) - logos and stylized designs emphasize flock very well.
- On cotton - the soft, fuzzy flock material matches visually with cotton products very well. Flock can also be used on other materials (e.g. polyester or spandex) where there is a very high contrast between the materials which accentuates the design exceptionally.
What should I be aware of when using flock?
- The design must be uploaded as a vector graphic. What are the requirements for vector graphics?
- Maximum of 3 colors per design. Which colors does Spreadshirt offer?
- Especially large designs are best suited for products made with heavy, thick fabrics (e.g. sweatshirts - click here for an example). Large designs on thinner materials (e.g. t-shirts) are not comfortable to wear as the foil is thick and less flexible.
- Designs which feature small details (e.g. thin lines) and are placed over seams may cause these thin parts to break after a few washes.
- Flock can only touch other design elements of the same print. It will not adhere to any other print type.
Create a t-shirt now
Back to Overview