Adios, 2020! Are you ready to ring in the new year with the top design, color and fashion trends for 2021?
Consumer habits have changed a lot this year, and they’ll likely continue to do so. To create the most relevant designs for customers (and to make more sales) you’ll want to read up on the latest design trends.
Top design trends
- Minimalism: Say more with less!
- Muted color palettes: Create designs with pared back hues. Try contrasting shades like mustard, sea blue and mint against black and white for maximum impact.
- Gradients: Ombré creates a sense of movement, this trendy design choice is here to stay.
- Liquid lettering: It looks epic and takes some skill. Use your creative mind and try this design technique on for size!
- Overlap: Colors, shapes and text can all look groovy (and modern) when expertly overlapped.
Sought-after T-shirt designs
- Animal portraits: From cats and dogs to the odd llama or two, customers are eager to wear portraits of their furry friends.
- Pocket prints: Create designs for unique print areas, like pockets! It’s a fun element for a classic T-shirt.
- Typography: Funky fonts of the 70s and delicate lettering are just the beginning, the sky is the limit with typography!
Pantone-approved color trends
- The uplifting Pantone Colors of the Year: Ultimate Gray & Illuminating.
- Bright shades to bring joy into our lives. Think of earthy oranges, marigold, mint and raspberry.
- Classic neutral tones to keep us calm and grounded like cream, indigo, aquamarine and gray.
Must-have fashion trends
- Pattern mixing: Grungy plaids and bold florals are just a few of the prints that you’ll be seeing everywhere this year.
- Polka dots 2.0: Perfect on their own, but even better when used as a delicate design element.
- Upcycling: With various eco-friendly movements happening throughout the world, Earth-loving designs and conscious clothing is the next big thing.
Have any questions about our stylish predictions? Let us know in the forum or ask away in the comments below!