Interested in contributing to the development of new features and helping shape the future of Spreadshirt features? Then this one’s for you! We’re looking for partners to put our new ideas through the paces, and tell us what they think in an open and honest way as a test user.
We’ve spent a lot of time and effort over the past few years developing a modern shop system and layout that meets your customers’ needs and expectations. We’ve made the SpreadShop faster, better-looking and mobile-friendly with helpful built-in features like the mini basket. And now that the SpreadShop T-Shirt Designer works as a stand-alone Designer Shop, it’s time to switch everyone to the new technology!
A year ago, we introduced a Volume Commission for Shop Owners. We are now increasing the length of the campaign periods and adding more intervals to the volume structure to help your commission grow at a faster rate. The partner terms and conditions are adjusted accordingly.
You spoke, we listened. Spreadshirt developers are in the process of removing collections from the product creation process, replacing them with a tool that will allow you to pick and choose which products you offer.
For all of you techies out there: a change is on the horizon for the Spreadshirt API. If you’re not a techie, you probably don’t know what an API is. Well, API stands for “Application Programming Interface” and it’s basically a way that one software communicates with another software. Spreadshirt’s API is chockful of information that allows other systems to “talk” to our systems and access the information they need. If you’re interested in that kind of stuff, the information below is for you. If not… we wish you a very nice day.
What are we changing?
- Right now, if you access a shop article or a list of shop articles via the API (e.g. http://api.spreadshirt.com/api/v1/shops/337269/articles/107196141 or http://api.spreadshirt.com/api/v1/shops/337269/articles), you will find the element “price”
- This element will be GONE by end of February
- The price can now be accessed by at: http://api.spreadshirt.com/api/v1/shops/337269/articles/107196141/price
- Using the /price resource will calculate the price dynamically instead of having a static and cached price
Why are we doing this?
- Whenever we change product type prices, print prices, etc. we need to update all articles in our system. This usually takes days and lowers the performance of the API.
Are we sure we want to do this?
- We have used this resource for our marketplace for quite some time and have experienced no problems with the change
- It means more calls to the API, but the resource is very fast and should not affect the user experience
When will it happen?
- We expect to have this resource active by February 28th, 2017
We are continually updating and improving our services to make Spreadshirt bigger, better and faster for both customers and business partners alike. This change in our API is another step in a positive direction for more efficient system-to-system communication.
If you have any questions regarding technical details of the API change, please comment them below and we will answer them for you.
You can now offer your customers more choice and earn more in the process by integrating Spreadshirt’s T-Shirt Designer directly into your Shop. Your customers can adjust and personalize your designs or create their own products without ever having to leave your Shop! The best part: every time a purchase is made—regardless of if it’s one of your products or something customers design themselves—you earn.
This article is only relevant for users of the new partner area.
This. Is. Big.
Your designs are about to go international! Moving forward, uploading your designs to Spreadshirt will mean automatic translation and publication to multiple international platforms, giving them the exposure and sales potential they’ve always deserved.
Have you ever tried to retouch a picture in order to integrate your design? If so, you surely know that it takes a long time, and getting a natural-looking result is not easy. Fortunately there’s … Read more
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW… many Spreadshirt designers (or any designer, for that matter) swear by the “three kings” of image processing software, but there are some challengers to the crown that we’d like … Read more
No matter what people come searching for on Spreadshirt’s Marketplace, they are sure to get pages and pages filled with designs. There is, however, still potential for some nice earnings in a few niche areas … Read more