Many Marketplace Designers have been asking us to protect their designs with watermarks, and that’s why we’re now introducing watermarks to level up the protection. We’re aware of the fact that it’s a tough call to prevent skillful thieves from stealing, but the introduction of watermarks is bound to make your designs safer. In this article, you’ll find out how this is going to be facilitated.
The days of patiently waiting for your designs to be approved before you could begin selling them are gone. With our new pre-approval process, your Marketplace designs can be up and ready for sale in a matter of minutes. This is perfect for those of you out there who rely on speed to capitalize on a viral trend, or for anyone who doesn’t mind saving a few minutes of their life here and there.
With our latest release, we’ve improved the way you manage your designs and products to help save you boatloads of time and effort. Now you can adjust pricing and tags for multiple designs and determine your products’ default colors in a single step. These two new functionalities will have your designs up and ready for sale much faster than before.
We’ve got as many as three pieces of exciting news for you and your Shop! Customers can now freely choose languages and currencies. It won’t stop there: you can also link up your social media channels and improve your marketing measures with extended tracking options in just a few clicks. Check it out now!
We’ve spent a lot of time and effort over the past few years developing a modern shop system and layout that meets your customers’ needs and expectations. We’ve made the SpreadShop faster, better-looking and mobile-friendly with helpful built-in features like the mini basket. And now that the SpreadShop T-Shirt Designer works as a stand-alone Designer Shop, it’s time to switch everyone to the new technology!
A year ago, we introduced a Volume Commission for Shop Owners. We are now increasing the length of the campaign periods and adding more intervals to the volume structure to help your commission grow at a faster rate. The partner terms and conditions are adjusted accordingly.
You spoke, we listened. Spreadshirt developers are in the process of removing collections from the product creation process, replacing them with a tool that will allow you to pick and choose which products you offer.
For all of you techies out there: a change is on the horizon for the Spreadshirt API. If you’re not a techie, you probably don’t know what an API is. Well, API stands for “Application Programming Interface” and it’s basically a way that one software communicates with another software. Spreadshirt’s API is chockful of information that allows other systems to “talk” to our systems and access the information they need. If you’re interested in that kind of stuff, the information below is for you. If not… we wish you a very nice day.
What are we changing?
- Right now, if you access a shop article or a list of shop articles via the API (e.g. http://api.spreadshirt.com/api/v1/shops/337269/articles/107196141 or http://api.spreadshirt.com/api/v1/shops/337269/articles), you will find the element “price”
- This element will be GONE by end of February
- The price can now be accessed by at: http://api.spreadshirt.com/api/v1/shops/337269/articles/107196141/price
- Using the /price resource will calculate the price dynamically instead of having a static and cached price
Why are we doing this?
- Whenever we change product type prices, print prices, etc. we need to update all articles in our system. This usually takes days and lowers the performance of the API.
Are we sure we want to do this?
- We have used this resource for our marketplace for quite some time and have experienced no problems with the change
- It means more calls to the API, but the resource is very fast and should not affect the user experience
When will it happen?
- We expect to have this resource active by February 28th, 2017
We are continually updating and improving our services to make Spreadshirt bigger, better and faster for both customers and business partners alike. This change in our API is another step in a positive direction for more efficient system-to-system communication.
If you have any questions regarding technical details of the API change, please comment them below and we will answer them for you.
You can now offer your customers more choice and earn more in the process by integrating Spreadshirt’s T-Shirt Designer directly into your Shop. Your customers can adjust and personalize your designs or create their own products without ever having to leave your Shop! The best part: every time a purchase is made—regardless of if it’s one of your products or something customers design themselves—you earn.