Does reducing the size of a design introduce white matte transparency?

If I upload a design at a large size and then when creating a product reduce the size, do you interpolate by creating pixels with partial transparency? Or do you interpolate via something like a nearest-neighbor algorithm?

I understand that partially transparent pixels aren’t a good idea on digital prints because they print on a white matte, producing glowing effects on dark shirts.

I’m curious about the reverse direction too. If I upload a design at 200 pixels per inch but increase the size to 250 per inch, do partially transparent pixels get introduced?

I ask because I uploaded designs at the suggested 200 pixels per inch, only to discover that I should be printing the designs larger. Had I originally uploaded them at 300 pixels per inch, I could have solved the problem simply be resizing the images on the products. As things stand, I have to regenerate all of the design images and upload them again to increase the size of the image and yet print at 200 pixels per inch.

Hey, I don’t know if I get your question right.
We print with 200 dpi and interpolate with a nearest-neighbor algorithm. There is no need to upload your designs with 300 dpi because the designs will be scaled down to 200 dpi.

Yeah, I didn’t quite ask that right, but you answered my question. Thank you!

(I meant that if I planned to print something 5 inches wide, I should have uploaded a design 5*300= 1500 pixels wide in case I was mistaken about the best width, allowing me to resize the design online to 1500/200 = 7.5 inches wide.)