:spreadshop: The Product Feed-Thread

Since you can’t add keywords/keyphrase except for Negative keywords on the Bing and Google shopping Ad platforms; I’m reworking my titles for new design launches to include the Info into the title and body with target keyphrases.

This I hope will allow for Google Shopping Ads and Bing Product Ads an easier time on what the products in my feed are about so that the products can be displayed for the most relevant searches on these search platforms,

There is one thing I forgot to mention and that is and that is the following warning:

Missing or invalid data [condition] - Affected Items: 4,187

Learn more says “Your item’s landing page is missing microdata for the item’s condition”

Then I use the recommended Structured Data Testing Tool: https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool

But no errors pop up when I add one of the sample links into the tool.

Ok. I forwarded this to our DEV Team. They will be working on this and the MPN/GTIN issue soonish!

Ok Thomans

I did some more research

The - Missing or invalid data [condition]
refers to - Add valid structured data markup to your landing page
which takes to this video put out GMC
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6069143?hl=en
and also this page at schema.org
https://schema.org/docs/gs.html

GMC suspended my account in the last 12 hours so I’m waiting for them to get in contact with me so I can see what the problem is and know what was the policy violation; which I can’t figure out.

When they do I’ll update the post.

Hi Thomas;

I found out why my account had been suspended by the Google Merchant Center/

I was informed by support that I need to have the Spreadshirt return policy directly on my website on all the pages of the web site.

I wanted to know if I could copy the Spreadshirt return policy to my website on a separate page so that visitors can see it on the site as per Google Custom Label Policy.

Tôi cũng gặp vấn đề tương tự. Tôi đã chạy quảng cáo trong vài ngày và nhận được email Google Merchant bị treo. Tôi muốn tìm hiểu thêm và cách khắc phục, ai có thể giúp tôi?

Hey there!

The red boxed error message indicates that you tried listing your products in both countries, Vietnam & the United States. This is not allowed with a standard Google Merchant Center account.

Short tip:
The standard GMC account is not accepting more than 1 shipping destination. The shipping destination may not differ from your shop`s country.
e.g if your shop is registered for Vietnam, you should only set up the Merchant Center details for Vietnam (Shipping Informations etc)

Delete the country details, that are not matching your unique shop country.
Then contact Google again, regarding your account.

If you want to market your products in various countries, you will need to request a “multi-client account” from Google.
Please visit: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188487?hl=en
Your current Merchant Center account will become a subdivision of the new multiple client account.
Once your new multi-client account is confirmed, you can create additional shipping regions in line with your current Merchant Center account.

In general I’d suggest always to get in contact with GMC Service at first. They will tell you what caused a suspension and what needs to be done, to fix this.

2 Likes

I have received google mail and now my problem is about refund and refund policy. I still haven’t found a way to handle this problem. Can you help me
Thank you !

Can you please get in touch with @xzendor7 ?
He / she had the same issues with GMC and finally got it to work.

I cannot support you with this detailed issue, as I am not a Google representative. It also seems to be a North American issue, as we are not facing these penalities in for EU accounts.

thank you
Let me try to contact .

If you are having a problem with refund policy in the Google Merchant Center; it may be the same problem I was experiencing with the Google Merchant Center.

What is required is that the Spreadshirt Refund Policy be placed on your website and that a link by placed either in the Header or Footer of your site that links to the refund policy page. This link must be available on every page of your site.

I coded my own site, so I was able to just add an extra link to the footer that pointed to the refund policy page I created.

If you are using Wordpress, you will have to add a widget to link to the refund policy page you created or add the link manually to the footer template that points to the refund policy page.

Take a look at my site to see how I did it: https://xzendor7.com

Once I did that I and contacted support so that they could evaluate the changes, they reactivated my account without issue.

2 Likes

Is there a cap on the product rss feed? Mine seems to max out around 55k and does not include all products. I have roughly 2000 designs x 100 products so the feed should be much bigger.

Also, are there any ? parameters that can be added to the feed url? For instance one for mens t-shirts only? I get that my feed is potentially huge with an entry for every color and size on 99 products per design and I would narrow it down if I could for google merchant without removing products from my actual shop.

By the way, this whole new SS system is pretty close to what I’ve been dreaming of in the POD world since 2005. The embedded shop is beautiful minus the SEO downfalls of the solution. If only you guys would host our domain names! Really, the whole designer side of the site is top notch for the entire industry. So snappy!!

1 Like

thanks for the praise! :smiley:
Makes us very happy to hear.

Unfortunately we needed to restrict the size of the feed, as the creation for each shop (and we have a lot of them) is always done on the fly.
This causes server errors, if feeds are exceeding the ammount of products.

You also need to see that no customer ever will spend much time in crawling all your products.
Call me radical but I suggest to not offer more than 4 colors per shirt design. :smiley:

So I’ve limited colors and my feed still doesn’t contain 80% maybe 90% of my shop designs on any products. Is there any way to structure the rss feed on the backend to push the entire shop’s high converting products such ‘men’s black t-shirt’ first so that it can contain the entire design inventory? Or like I suggested, maybe a parameter option to break down the feed into more targeted products like tees, mugs, etc. for large shops? I’m going hard with google shopping, but right now I’m essentially only advertising the latest 100 or so designs when you need an entry for every color/size for every product the google merchant feed and it’s being capped on your end.

Design on 100 Products
Let’s say 4 colors an item x 5 sizes
20 entries per product
2000 entries per design

I’m capped at about 43k, so you can see how many designs it is limited to push. I could go with less products, but options are nice and that’s sure to lead to 404’s in the short term. Maybe even have the ability to checkbox included products in the feed in the UI? That’d be a nice solution although I’d prefer something like:
https://shop.spreadshirt.com/myshop/products.rss?pushState=true&filterColor=black&filterDept=mens-t-shirts

A Customization Feature for the Feed itself is currently not planned.
But to make this post at least a little bit supportive, I can provide you with a workaround that was discussed within our *.net forum.

Users have reported that FB struggles with huge feeds :white_check_mark:
It was suggested to use the scheduling option “update schedule” instead of “replace schedule” within the catalg’s upload manager.
Then it’ll takes some time for FB to renew the cache within the product manager.
But the procedure solved the issue for the partners. Let me know if this worked out for you, too

1 Like

I am mostly using the feed for google and bing to drive traffic. I’m just bummed I’m missing out on most of the designs/products in my shop. I thought this was the perfect solution up until finding I don’t have access to a full data feed. Would it be possible to have someone work with me to get me a 1 time full shop product.rss dump so I can utilize it for Q4? It’s essentially lost $ for both me and SS.

Hello, I’m having problems with the Facebook Catalog Product Feed for my Off The Chain Atheist shop. I’ve received an error msg saying Product ID’s can’t be duplicated, as shown in the attached screenshot. Any & all help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hey there!
This initial behavior is something that we can’t really control. It´s dependent on FB and how they crawl feeds. (and in reverse related to the size of a product feed)

When reading closely you can see, that from your 6030 only 12% of product variations got rejected. :face_with_monocle:
This is something I’d call a non-significant number, as I doubt that you are wanting to place ads for all of your products.

The bigger a feed gets the more erros occur. Sounds stupid, but we´ve been seeing this since introducing the feed. Your feed increases with every offered color vs. size vs. gender combination Therefore I always recommend to keep calm and cut down the number of design vs. color combinations. Or to cut down the assortment to a reasonable level which really suits the target audience.

Besides that, you can always delete your feed. re-upload it properly and set the schedule to “actualize” instead of “replace” at the feed settings.