I just created 40 products for a new shop in exactly the order that I wanted them to appear.
Only after doing so did I learn that Spreadshirt presents them in the reverse order of creation.
Fortunately, there’s a simple way to reverse the order back to the intended order.
But first you have to find the page for reordering products. That’s not so simple. The procedure:
- Click “Shop Settings” in the menubar along the top of the page.
- Find your shop below and click “Edit” for that shop.
- Click “Page Settings” on the sidebar to the left.
- Click “Product List Page” in the same sidebar.
- Scroll the left sidebar down to the very bottom and click “Arrange Items.”
Now that you’re on the right page, here’s how you reverse the order of a series of products listed at the top of the page. The procedure works if you want to reorder all of your products or if you just want to reorder the top-most N products, for any N.
- Identify the product that should appear last when you’re done reordering. You will need to keep your eye on this product for the remainder of the process. Let’s call this the “intended last product.” Initially, this product will be the first product in the list.
- Identify the product that immediately follows the intended last product. Call this the “immediate following product.” This product changes with each iteration through this loop.
- Click on the “Move to the top of page” icon for the aforementioned immediate following product. This icon is the leftmost of the four icons at the right of the immediate following product. You can hover the mouse over the icons to see tooltips describing them.
- Wait for the site to reorder the product – it tells you it’s busy.
- If more products remain to be reordered – if the intended last product is not yet last in your desired reverse ordering – continue at step (2).
Okay, so there’s a way to do it that’s not too painful, but it sure would be helpful if Spreadshirt allowed us to select a set of products and gave us a function to reverse order them in one swoop.