If you don’t have tons of individual designs or multiple shops and are very, very eager to use the new interface - yeah, I’d say that’s the way to go. Regarding migration (which is a hot topic across our platforms and internally, too): we are currently mapping out 3-5 different scenarios and then assessing them.
I can tell you some general things that I really like - but you can also make a test account with a second email-address and try it out without commitment
So, my favourite things about the current partner area (though there are surely even more):
- It’s easier, faster and more intuitive to use.
- The design is no longer from the 90s.
- You can edit several designs at the same time (design price, keywords etc)
- You can upload multiple designs at the same time.
- With just a few clicks, you can add your designs on a variety of product groups / products without having to create each product individually
- Yet: with our upcoming release - you will be able to still create & edit individual products, should you want to
- New products are automatically added to the selected product groups and are directly available in the shop
- With product deactivations, there are substitute products available
- You can publish posters
- You can publish at the same time in the shop (s) and on the marketplace
- There are no more multiple places where metadata of a design can / must be changed.
- There are keyword suggestions.
- You can see at a glance where your design is published - including metadata & price.
- There are more features in the shop: e.g. color and size filter (see screenshot)
- Also for shops: better automatic & manual product sorting (different customizable sorting modes & also a manual drag & drop sorting - see screenshots)
Sorting options for shop:
Size & Colour filters in Shop:
Product groups & posters:
And the best difference… the current partner area is constantly being developed. It will only get better.
As you know, we will be introducing themes for design categorisation and the feature for single product creation will released still this month.