Curated platform elevates gamer wearable art in version 2.0
Spreadshirt, the e-commerce platform for spreading ideas on something tangible, has revamped the technology powering their newest platform, Pixel Cotton, to disrupt the status quo in gaming merchandise. The latest version sets the gold standard in creating the next generation of must have gaming merchandise. The enhancements allow true gamers to deviate from the boring mainstream official static designs and choose interactive technology that connects fashion and the love of gaming. Spreadshirt’s technology is advanced, scalable and best in class for global print on demand apparel and accessories.
“There is no one design fits all for gamers. Communities that know the game want to recognize it, encode it and share it with a highly selective group that really cares about it. Gamers always have their heads in the game so any attire and accessories should blend the best of technology and be translatable to actually wearing the game,” says Claudia Schindela, Spreadshirt’s Global Head of Gaming, “The creators at Pixel Cotton have combined the elements that matter in fusing gaming with fashion. These innovators are real gamers and have 20+ years combined experience in transforming gaming designs into wearable art. This allows any enthused gamer to really define their own style and show it off in true gamer fashion.”
Mainstream fans of today’s hottest titles, like Final Fantasy, Watch Dogs or Dishonored can find exclusive designs during weekly promotions dedicated to their favorite games, as opposed to the worn out designs that circulate at typical retailers. Gamers who prefer indie titles and small-medium development projects can also find their niche characters and achievement milestones represented on quality merchandise.
The latest enhancements to Pixel Cotton include:
- Exclusive gamer design styles on fresh products that surpass the basic white t-shirt all in one marketplace
- Design collections for every style of gamer, including retro, FPS, and strategy
- New designs added to the collections weekly, with discounts for the newest additions
- A superior user experience for savvy gamers who relish in being embedded into the different worlds of each game category
- A Steam integration that reveals new products unlocked based on game achievements
- The ability for game publishers to reach precise audience based on playing patterns and achievements
- Social media promotions for events, new releases, products, discounts, and news: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Pixel Cotton is onboarding several publishers, including entertainment brands and independent titles, onto the platform. They have issued an open call to development teams who want to partner with ardent merchandisers who are very connected to the gaming space. The partnership will expose their titles to a targeted community.
Spreadshirt and Pixel Cotton have created the best gamer merchandise marketplace and are connecting global gaming communities — making them the go to brand for real gamers seeking themed apparel with this newly created, interactive category where fashion meets the gaming community.