Any way to enter hex color codes directly for vectors when designing digital products?

Howdy howdy,

First of all: caveat - I’m on the legacy dashboard, so this might not be something that has been fixed for other folks, but when I’m uploading a vector image and printing it as digital direct, I often include a variety of color combinations for the design on my products. When using vectors in this way the digital direct color selector has a handful of options but often time I find myself wanting to use a color from the flex assortment (but printed digitally), or a color not offered in either section by default.

For example I recently added a new Sir Critter shirt, which I wanted to print digitally using my vector art and just swapping out color sets.

But to print digitally with a color that isn’t in the default digital direct options, for example the gold flex color, I couldn’t see a way to enter the hex code for gold directly. Instead I had to enlarge my product big enough to be able to switch to flex mode, select the gold from the flex color options, switch back to digital direct, re-size my design down to how I wanted it, and then I could save it (and the color was listed as the hex code for gold).

If I wanted to use the light blue color I used with the original vector after creating a product with a different color, I needed to delete my design, go back into the design selector panel, and reload the design, to allow me to get the color back after I had changed it making another product.

Now, none of this is the end of the world, but I’m hoping there is some way to save me a lot of time and effort when designing products by just being able to enter the hex code for the color I want directly, instead of jumping through a bunch of hoops. Any suggestions? Even if its just possible for me to hook into the javacript somehow I could write my solution if I knew how to access the color selection process directly in that way.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, unfortunately there is currently no solution to the issue you are talking about. Also no kind of hack. This issue will most likely get a little more important once we’ve migrated all our partners to the partner area.