Can't upload new product or edit existing products

hi, i’m wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue. i try to upload a new product and get the ever-vibrating “v” (or maybe it is a heart) that never resolves. it doesn’t seem like the servers are down, i’m wondering why this is happening. i tried on my imac as well as a chromebook. the shop is still up but i can’t make any edits to it.

thanks for any insight,
heather

This sounds like a temporary glitch. Is this still happening? Because it shouldn’t… :-/

Hi Lena! Unfortunately, yes. Both myself and my partner have had difficulty with this issue. We’re planning to call tech support tomorrow to see if we can get to the bottom of it. It’s not only frustrating but we can’t get anything done in the shop.

Sorry to hear. Let me check.

So you’ve tried on the newest version of Chrome and Safari?
Have you tried with Firefox? I just tried and it seems to work… but I’d still like to get to the bottom of this.

I’m using Safari. I’m having issues with Chrome and Firefox. But my partner was using Chrome. We’re both having the same problems.

I have forwarded the issue and we’re looking into it. Can you let me know which device you are using?

I was on a MacBook Pro using Sierra.

Thanks, we’re looking into it. This is really strange as we cannot reproduce it at this time, but our developers are on it!