Design Price Explanation

Can someone please explain to me what design price means? Do we put a price on our images?

Hey @User_NA-5f86e63f,

please have a look to our FAQ-Helppages:
https://help.spreadshirt.com/hc/en-us/categories/200829585-Tips-for-Designers#help-pages-seller

You will get all neccessary information there.

On our blog you can also get more insights for your shop or for your marketplace-designs:

Thank you again Rico. So the design price is for the time it took us to create our design? And We get that each time we sell a product with our design on?

Currently you can set the price for your design if you want to sell it on our marketplace or in your shop. You will get this commission everytime someone ordered a product with your design.

But we will release a new commissionmodel on march 2nd. You will then only be able to set the commission for your shop as you want. For selling on our marketplace there will be a fixed designcommission for each product - so you dont need to think about your pricesetting.

Just have a look into the FAQ-Helppage. Everything should be explained.

Thank you. Where do I set the design price? I did see it somewhere but now can’t find it.

1 Like

In your special case (you want 2 designs on 1 product) you have to set the designprice for the single designs first. Therefore you have to publish them in your shop too. After you published your single designs on products and set the commission you create the multiple design product as you did before.
The multiple design product will adopt the setted prices from the single design products.
Afterwards you can unpublis the single design products if you dont want to have them in your shop.

I know this is a bit complicated but after the release of the new commissionmodel in 2 weeks the workflow will be different thatswhy we wont fix the current difficult workflow anymore.

If you have further question related to your shop please contact our colleagues from the shopforum.
They will help you:
https://www.spreadshop.com/forum/c/english

In this forum we mainly answer marketplace questions.

I have looked everywhere for the design price setting. Where is it? I want to sell 2 products for one design. I can not find where to set the design price anywhere. Please provide a link or a screenshot as to where to access this.

Ahoy @User_NA-e1901d70,

since we released the new commissionmodel you are no longer able to set the price based on design.
If you sell your designs on our marketplace the designprice is set b us and all the same for every designer. The earning you get depends on the sold product. You will find a detailed list here:

If you have a shop you can now set your desired customer price per product. This means, that you only have to set the productprices once and all uploaded designs will be displayed with the set price.
For the shopsettings you will find further information here:

I see the sell price, but where is the sell cost then? How do I know what the margin even is or the expected commission? I see a spreadsheet, but some of the items have no profit on the first tier. Surely this can not be correct, and less then $2 profit for shirt to start?

Hey @User_NA-e1901d70,

what exactly do you mean? Could you make a screenshot of the mentioned prices?
As I already wrote we have 3 different commissionmodels for 3 different point of sales. I guess you meant your shop-products, right?
When I look into your shop-settings I see the following:

And the marked example shows the retail price /sell price. You can adjust this price as you like. The margin in the middle column is the difference between the retail price you set and the baseprice. The margin marks your commission!

If you have some further shop related questions please use our shop-forum:
https://www.spreadshop.com/forum/c/english

But if your questions are about our marketplace then you are right here and I will gladly answer them.