Shop creation issues: Not all products available + adding text to designs

Hi - We’re having a couple of issues in setting up our shop. We want to offer a wide range of products in our shop only, but not in the marketplace, but after uploading a design and selecting the product categories we like, only a subset of products show up as compared to what is available in the marketplace. For example, we want to offer hats, but no hats show up as options to add to our shop. We don’t want to activate the Designer because we want to finalize the size and placement of the design on each product ourselves.

The other issue is that our image includes a tagline, but after many attempts we have not been able to include that tagline with the rest of our vector art and have it show up properly. We were hoping that a workaround could be to upload our vector design without the tagline (which we have done), and then use Spreadshirt’s included text tool to add a text layer to the design. We want that to show up on every product. Once we have set the size and positioning, we don’t want customers to have the ability to change it. However, the only place we have found to add text is within the t-shirt designer, and then there is no way we can find to save the product so it shows up in the shop as image + text.

In summary - how can we access all products that Spreadshirt offers and how can we add text to our graphics? Our shop ID is 100240453

Oh la la, quite a few things to address here :sweat_smile:

So let’s get to it…

• You do not have access to the entire product range as a shop owner. Unfortunately, due to f.ex stock management, that is currently not possible. We try to expand the shop product range all the time, but in order to add an item, we have to have an exceptionally solid and reliable supplier relationship where even large fluctuations in order quantities are no issue. This currently is not the case for all of our product range.
  • Hats/caps missing in the product range is however not normal and multiple partners have reported this. I’ve forwarded the feedback and hope to get an answer today - if not even a solution :wink:
  • In order to add text & image together, please make them into one file and then upload. Adding two files is unfortunatley not possible.

And an extra sweet thank you for having included your Shop ID from the get go!

Hope I could help!

Sara - thanks for the quick reply! (I should say I’m also tonawilliams from the other thread, but this account is a collective so others will be using it too)

We’ll keep checking back about the hats issue, and looking for new products available in the shop.

About the text issue, there were two problems we were having that I probably conflated. The first was in choosing a tagline text to incorporate into our vector graphic that would properly translate to a Spreadshirt vector when uploaded. Our preferred cursive fonts just weren’t displaying properly when uploaded, but we finally found something that worked. It’s not ideal, but passable, so for now we can go with that.

The workaround that we were trying was actually to upload a version of our vector that contained our main image but no tagline. Then, in the product designer, we were adding a Spreadshirt text layer over our image layer to add a tagline to our image that uses one of your built in Spreadshirt fonts. The problem we ran into is that we can create products like that, one at a time, but then we have no option to save the product exactly as is and offer it to customers (image + text layer preserved) as an item in our shop. Rather, the only option seems to be to add it to the cart and purchase it right there. That doesn’t work for us because we need to make it easy for our customers to see and order everything without requiring them to mess around with resizing and formatting in t-shirt designer. It seems like this is another feature that’s just not offered right now, but we wanted to be sure we weren’t overlooking something.

1 Like

The hat/cap issue is “resolved” - well, not really, but I have an explanation:

We currently cannot print digital images (JPG, PNG) on caps or hats. If you’ve used such a file type, the product group is not visible.

If you’ve used AI-files, the vector file would not meet our requirements for Flex-printing, so the product group is not displayed.

Ah, that makes total sense. Thanks!

I’m guessing that means only text can be printed on the caps, through using the t-shirt designer and Spreadshirt’s built-in fonts.

You should be able to also print images - but they have to be vector images that meet the vector file requirements :slight_smile: